Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Spaghetti with Sole



I have to post my dinner last night because it was a huge event at our house. Laney has been boycotting meat since her stomach flu a few weeks back and I have tried everything to get it back on her palate. Well, last night when we arrived home from the Dells Mike and I really wanted something light after all the chicken finger action at the Wilderness. I dug some sole filets out of the freezer and set under running water. In the meantime, I made some whole wheat spaghetti. I sauteed the fish, onions and garlic in olive oil and heavily dusted with Italian seasoning. The fish cooked in a minute and I removed it to a plate. I added a big handful of sundried tomatoes to the pan along with the cooked pasta. I squeezed a lemon and tossed in chopped basil.
Served the pasta with the fish and microwaved green beans.
I served Laney's plate with the components separate and the back-up cheese for protein because I expected sole rejection. She ate the whole filet (and seconds of the green beans!) I am so happy! We usually have fish 1-2 times a week but I may be stepping it up now!

No comments: