Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

This House is B-A-N-A-N-A-S



My girls and their dad love bananas. I don't really get it. They're just not very satisfying for me. But yesterday Laney wanted to make a "treat for Daddy" and banana cream pie seemed like a good plan. Here's why--a two year old can make the pie. Pretty much by herself. And she did, with a bit of instruction from me. Don't worry, I was nearby feeding Mia, ready to step in if pudding whisking got too enthusiastic.

For those of you who haven't had the pleasure, it's pretty intuitive. Make banana instant pudding with a little less milk (1 and 3/4 cup maybe?) Whisk it up. Pour in prepared crust. Slice banana coins, decorate. Refrigerate.

Here are some pics.


1 comment:

Jenny said...

Ouuu... now this I should try! Ellie will love helping me do it. Maybe with chocolate pudding and banana coins on top?!